E-Juices for Beginners

vapor bowls

Call them E-Juice, Liquid, or E-Liquid since many use these names interchangeably. For clarity reasons, we’ll be calling them E-Juice all throughout this blog entry. 

Known for their association with e-cigarettes and vaporizers, E-Juices help create a path in breaking the habit of smoking. The gadget heats up the E-juice to turn it into a vapor that is inhaled by the user. Many E-Juices contain nicotine which assists in easing smoke-related withdrawals. Still, consumers can enjoy vaporing without the incorporation of nicotine.

Your One Stop Info on E-Juice

What is it?

Unlike the ingredients found in cigarettes, e-liquid does not include tar and many toxic contents that are harmful to the body. In fact, there are typically less than ten ingredients in an E-Juice. These ingredients include vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol, water, ethyl alcohol, flavoring, and/or nicotine. About 90% of E-Juices contain a mixture of Vegetable Glycerin and Propylene Glycol, which leaves the remaining 10% to flavoring and nicotine. Since many manufacturers create E-liquid differently, the content ratio between VG and PG may vary. Furthermore, some products may contain flavoring whereas others might use extracts instead.

Differences in E-Juices

Economy E-Juices are typically packaged in plastic bottles using food grade flavoring. On the contrary, premium e-liquid are commonly presented in glass bottles with a fancy packaging along with it. These types of e-liquid use many types of food grade flavoring extracts, and their quality may vary.

Why Do E-Juices Darken?

In time, your E-liquid will darken due to the oxidation process by the nicotine. One factor that plays a role in the initial color of your E-Juice depends on the percentage of nicotine. So if there is a high concentration of nicotine in the E-Juice, it will appear dark. Additionally, E-Juices darken when they are in the tank because of the caramelizing effect. 

vaporrage